I have taken only cold showers from between Thanksgiving 2014 to January 27th, 2015.
I do this because I have read that there are many health benefits of cold exposure.
- Fat loss
- Immunity boost
- Testosterone boost (if you are a guy)
- Improved sleep if taken right before bed
- Anti depressive properties
The additional benefits I have found are:
- Improved digestion
- Ability to deal with discomfort (reduced wussiness)
- It is no longer a problem when my wife throws a cup of cold water in the shower at me
- Lower hot water bill
- lower water bill because I no longer dilly dally
It took me a few days to shower on the coldest setting but not I just barely turn it on and jump in without thinking about it too much. My body switches to warming itself immediately. To help me calm down in this process I force myself to only breath through my nose.