I Don’t Know What To Do
Today I am going to use my blog like a journal. Maybe you guys can give me some feedback.
I want to make my coaching more substantial. The problem is I talk about many different topics (you will see if you go through my past articles). It is great that I have thoughts on many subjects, but it is not good for creating a brand (this is a lesson to anyone starting a business). To build a strong brand I need to have a focus. This allows anyone I come in contact with to understand immediately what I am doing. This was brought to light while working with Brent Green on Pursuing Your Calling (click here).
Brent has developed a few brands with the concept of pursuit but each brand is has a different focus. He has been gaining traction with this (another lesson here, go help someone more experienced with a project and you will learn from them).
I have been wondering what my brand should be. I know it needs to fit my interests and personality. There are a few things that have been sticking in my head with respect to the direction I should go.
- I like to be silly, have fun, seek out joy, and a bit non-conformist (I like being unique)
- I like physical activities especially with others and outdoors
- I am good at asking the questions that get right to the point (this does make some people uncomfortable)
- I love problem solving/ teaching
- People easily open up to me
- I love trying new things
- My leading questions with people always have something to do with what they enjoy
So where do I go from here? Out of the list, I think the most intriguing point for a business is the silliness piece but it needs to be with the goal of fun and joy. Maybe that should be my brand. What do you think?
I have also been brainstorming for a tagline and here are some ideas. Let me know what you think.
- Get a kick out of life (again)
- Kick down the door and drag your inner child back out to play
- Don’t jump naked
Recommend some if you have ideas, this is just a start.
A concern I have is I am not sure my goofiness comes out in my writing. Though, it does when people talk with me or around me. Also, I hate the term coach because everybody and their mother is a coach. It is so bland and not unique.
That is about it, let me know what you think and thanks for the help.